Sunday, October 7, 2007

Unbelievable Deliciousness

Ok.

We all know I love bacon. And we all know I love waffles. What's more, we know that I love bacon waffles and proselytize on their behalf as frequently as may be.

But today, everything changed.

Meriweathers, NW Portland, Bruncheon. Mimosa: excellent. Menu, perusing with mild interest. I already ate this morning, but we're celebrating, so I'll consider having more than my drinky.

And then my eyes fall upon the most compelling combination of foodstuffs I have seen suggested in many a long year: Fried Chicken and Waffle.





When the plate arrives it is drizzled with syrup, a substantial leg of chicken is perched atop two slices of bacon which are, in turn, nestled on a crisp and fluffy waffle. Hells yeah.

To describe its savor, its sweetness, would be to cheapen its sacred impact on my flavor receptors. Oh mama. It was arguably the most delicious thing I have ever put in my mouth.

Hot Diggity.

No comments: