Monday, November 5, 2007

Life in 3-D


Well, o.k. technically, I still don't have depth perception; but that's all about to change...

I had my first round of Vision Therapy last Friday. It was really exciting, and Dr. Nancy had very encouraging things to say about my prospects, but oy vey with the headache!

Basically it all amounts to lots of eye exercises and funny accoutrement. Yes, that's right folks; the return of the eyepatch! Not only that, but also a pair of SUPER snazzy red/green goggles the purpose of which is to try and see the world in brownish instead of what I currently see: 2 of everything in Christmas colors. I really really want to find one of the pointy-bead-topped things Dr Nancy uses for me to follow with my eyes instead of using my finger or a pen. If there is an opportunity for a shiny accessory to accompany any activity, you know I will begin the coveting of it post-haste.

Already I'm noticing changes. This morning when I opened up my eye to look around, it took me a full 2 seconds to determine whether I was looking with my good eye or my bad one. True, I was face down and looking at my nightstand, which isn't far away, plus my vision is always a little blurry after sleeping on my face and the coincident eye-squashing that goes along with it. But this was monumental. I have never been not-sure which eye I was seeing out of before. Heady stuff.

As soon as those headaches ease up, I'll be golden. Well, brownish anyway.

1 comment:

Lyza said...

So cool! Keep us posted!