Monday, March 24, 2008

my love/hate relationship with coffee


has actually, until recently, been a hate/loathe relationship. stumptown is primarily responsible for making me believe that java isn't necessarily the foulest substance in the known universe, but i'm hardly a fan.

however, i have come to accept, that in it's time and place, coffee can be a wonderful wonderful thing. or, perhaps more particularly, stimulants can be a wonderful wonderful thing.

usually, i'm pretty careful about when i attempt to harness this power for evil. cause as a person who can taste caffeine (not yummy) i tend to avoid things that contain it. as such, i'm pretty sensitive to it. so, when i have a cuppa at 7pm it is going to keep me cranking all night. and sometimes, when there is homework, or unavoidable chores, i simply must submit myself to this consequence for the sake of the greater good.

that being said, nothing needs to be coffee flavored as far as i can tell. because (with the exception of aforementioned stumptown, plus also haagen daas ice cream bars) all things coffee flavored taste like wretchedness. and so the lesson here i suppose is for me to realize that not all people feel this way, and that assuming that the protein shake is chocolate just because its brown is faulty reasoning. so.


1 comment:

Mesa said...

I feel your pain, I too am sensitive to caffeine, however I am totally addicted to it...without it in the morning I am a let's just say a not nice person...hehe...