Monday, September 24, 2007

Happiness

Despite my tendency to believe this, happiness is not found in hats. Or shoes. Or pants. Well, I mean a certain kind of happiness can be found in pants, but that's not what I'm getting at.

My friend Clare has made the suggestion that since human memory is unreliable we may not be the best judge of our own level of overall happiness, and that maybe all we need is some objective evidence that things aren't so bad so we can all cheer the fuck up a little. She talks about this much more eloquently on her blog:

http://happiology.blogspot.com/2007/09/introduction-to-allisons-happiness.html

I've decided this is an amusing and potentially worthwhile attitude to have about this whole happiness thing. And so I'm going to join her in both recording my own experience and reflecting upon what trends I notice. Plus I think her "Happiness Scale" is hilarious...


Happiness Scale
1. "My god. I would like to die"
2. "Life Sucks"
3. "Not good"
4. "I've been better."
5. "Can't complain"
6. "Good."
7. "Boy, I feel great!"
8. Squealing in glee


Here's to more 8's than 1's!

No comments: