Friday, September 21, 2007

Tomorrow...


Is the last full day of summer. Hence, Sunday will be the first day of fall. Celebrate the autumnal equinox with fire and cider and foolishness, because the light is beginning to fade.

Around this time I try to think about the closing of the season. This is usually a pleasant moment for me to reflect on the year and imagine what's coming up (usually most of the imagining is wondering when there's going to be enough snow on the ground to ski upon)

It helps that fall is usually the best time of year for me, more wonderful, magical, and miraculous things seem to happen to me at this time of year. A brief survey has informed me that I am not alone in this. And also that February is the worst month of the year with July hard on its heels.


All that being said, I'm feeling particularly in need of some magic right about now. And I want to drive down to the ocean and light a fire and scream at the horizon. Not because it will make the light last any longer, but because I think I need to embrace the oncoming dark, instead of running away from it.

No comments: