Friday, September 7, 2007

The indomitable force of boredom

Its amazing to me just how determined I can be when I am truly profoundly bored. Don't get me wrong, I'm determined other times too, but its just particularly amusing to note my ability to get around obstacles to entertaining myself.

The new job. Well... its income. And, truthfully, it could be sooooo much worse. I count myself rather lucky. However, despite the fact I am situated behind a lovely counter, with a comfy chair, in a pleasant setting, with amiable co-workers, I am bored stiff because the phone only rings about 12 times a day, the admin tasks I am responsible for could be completed in less than an hour, and the internet filtering wont allow me to play with my myspace page. Which is what I would otherwise be doing when bored but supplied with internet access.

So instead, I'm blogging here. Honestly its one of the more enjoyable aspects of myspace anymore, I guess it makes just as much sense to do it here as elsewhere.

Camping this weekend! Yahoo. Weather looks like it'll cooperate. Left to procure:

  • tequila
  • ice
I mean, that's all any true camper needs right?

Going to try again to make the 9 muses open mic thing on Monday. Hopefully this time it pans out...

No comments: